We are seeking a Intermediate to Senior Technical Consultant to join the Technical Services & Support Team. The Consultant will focus on delivering consulting services, within the virtualization, infrastructure space. Consulting services include the installation, configuration, integration, customization, and operation of our enterprise transformational and operational analysis software. In addition, the role will involve training customers and partners, as well as pre and post-sale technical product support.
The position requires strong conceptual and analysis skills, planning abilities, sound judgment, teamwork, leadership, innovation, excellent writing skills, and superior communication and presentation skills.
- Manage product rollouts including installation, configuration, integration, customization and validation within customer environments and for partner assessments.
- Provide post-sale technical support evaluating customer readiness; conducting product training; identifying and resolving application or environmental issues
- Work closely with and manage client-specific cross-functional teams composed of Engineering, Sales, Client Services, and Business Development Representatives.
- Take a technical management role for partners by providing assistance in engagement and deployment planning, data collection, and analysis in customer environments.
- Play an active role within the department by participating in process development and other business improvement projects.
- Regular client and partner interaction via telephone, email, and regular face-to-face contact.
- Work independently with customer/partner technical teams on post sales activities.
- Work with Client Services team members and the Training Service Department to update and develop training materials.
- Deliver classroom and web-based instructor facilitated technical product training to client partners and customers across the globe.
- 5+ years experience in an enterprise software company and hands-on experience with large scale enterprise software rollouts
- 8+ years of experience in a consulting capacity
- Demonstrated ability to understand a complex distributed software system with sufficient depth to troubleshoot highly technical, time sensitive issues
- Experience with heterogeneous environments including Windows, UNIX and Linux
- Experience with virtualization technologies, IBM POWER SYSTEMS, AIX CLOUD, VMWARE Architect experience, as well Client management
- Strong verbal communication skills and excellent technical writing skills
- Strong team player and enjoys working in a fast paced team atmosphere
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and online delivery tools such as GoToMeeting or EAP
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server or Oracle preferred)
- Must be able to grasp highly technical concepts quickly, develop content, and independently document features for target audiences
- Up to 30% travel is required for this position (must have a valid Canadian Passport)